One of my favorite animated movies at this time is Inside Out produced by Pixar and Disney. It’s the story of a little girl named Riley and the impact of her emotions on her everyday life. Riley had no idea, this full production was happening on the inside and driving her every decision and interaction throughout her day. I enjoyed this movie because it caused me to examine my own internal control center. If I had to name my five core emotions at this stage in my life, what would they be? How would they interact? The ability to identify what is at work within can help to conquer anything we may face in this life. If we don’t give it a name, how can we become emotionally healthier individuals?
For my own therapeutic reasons I have taken the liberty to identify who these powerful emotions are within. It is of the utmost importance to recognize that some of these emotions may evolve or shift as I we grow. Please allow me to introduce them to you and share how they are currently working together or not working together depending upon the situation:
- Passion- She can be raw and head strong! She is full of zeal for all she believes in. There is not a time that passes that she is not concerned about how life events and situations lining up with Vaughnchette as a whole. She is not for the faint of heart and she is willing to take on the world for what she believes in. Passion exists within us all.
- Anxiety- He is often consumed with the “what-ifs”, even when he knows he has no control and cannot fix an issue, he is always trying to insert himself into decisions or create indecision by his worrying. He can be a bit busy and tends to try to get all the other emotions to kick into full panic mode. This guy can morph into chaos if he forgets that Vaughnchette is a woman of faith which happens more often than she would prefer.
- Transparency- She makes sure that things remain on the up and up and that no masks appear to cloak Vaughnchette. She is all about staying true to who she is no matter how many hats she may wear on any given day. She works diligently to keep Vaughnchette approachable and warm while offering candor even when it doesn’t work in her favor.
- Humor- He is the tension release to unite all the other strong willed emotions. If there is something funny, best believe he is searching for it; even if its pitch black! This guy keeps flashlights and candles in his toolkit to seek out some laughs! The interesting thing about humor is that sometimes he is laughing and nothing is funny but he is adamant about locating a bright spot somewhere.
- Drive- This lady is a straight beast! Once she makes up her mind about something, she is fully engaged and on level ten to pursue it! She is not one for allowing excuses to get in the way. She always believes there is a way. She just is not a quitter!
While there is much to smile about in this post, the purpose is to empower each of us to name some of those things happening on the inside. My prayer is that we take the time to see how the core emotions manifest in our lives and identify which ones may need a new role and which ones need to come forward and shine.
Happy Morphing and Growth to us all!
Lady “V” aka Vaughnchette Rudisill